Cedar Loft Cabin at Mt. Rainier: Private and Eco-Friendly
Ashford, WA's most secluded vacation rental 4 acres all to yourself
Cedar Loft Cabin at Mt. Rainier is a handcrafted eco-lodge on 4 acres of woods and meadow in Ashford, WA. Only 4 miles from Mt. Rainier National Park's main entrance (the only park entrance open year-round), this unique 2-story cedar cabin sleeps up to 5 in 3 bedrooms and is perfect for a romantic honeymoon, a quiet getaway or as a base camp for exploration. Exclusive for cabin guests: optional tours of Cedar Creek Treehouse Observatory, 5 miles away.
- Up to 5 people (no more, please); children age 10 and older welcome
- Eco-friendly products throughout the cabin
- Deck with outdoor dining area and grill
- Hot tub for soaking under the stars
- Meadow leads to trail above cabin
- Cabin handcrafted by Bill Compher, recognized worldwide for his imaginative designs
- Full kitchen unusually well stocked; organic coffees & teas, oils, vinegars, spices
- Sunroom for morning coffee, reading or yoga (mat provided)
- Organic herbs growing just outside the cabin door
- Cabin phone, wi-fi, Verizon cell service (or pretend we have none of these)
- I-Pod/I-Phone docking stations, DVD & CD players, exceptional selection of movies
- Original art, booklover's library, hiking books, indoor & outdoor games
- Cozy cast-iron gas fireplace in living room
- Master bedroom (queen) & twin bedroom (sleeps 1) are in cabin's cedar loft up an easy flight of stairs; 3rd bedroom (queen) is downstairs for extra privacy
- Bathroom is downstairs & has shower, hair dryer
- Bed and bath linens furnished
- Private setting but near natl. park & not far from Ashford's restaurants, galleries, spas, espresso and outdoor gear shops
- Strictly no smoking inside or out; no pets permitted
CEDAR CREEK TREEHOUSE OBSERVATORY TOUR
- As featured in National Geographic Traveler. Five miles from Cedar Loft Cabin.
- Guided one-hour tour arranged through Cedar Loft Cabin: $40 for two, $10 add. person, max. 5. Winter tours depend on accessibility.
- Climb a spiral staircase 85 feet around an old-growth tree to a suspension bridge, enter a 2-story treehouse observatory and get a stunning 360-degree view of mountains, including Rainier, from 100 feet up!
- Also, see the new mid-air "floating" treehouse.